Here are some quick points about the field trip:
- Appropriate for ages 3 years – 15 years old.
- Each area has trained teaching staff with guided activities.
- Everyone spends approximately 30 min in each of the three areas.
- All activities and content are age appropriate and developmentally appropriate. They will vary based on the average age of your group.
- This great field trip offers three incredible experiences all about Butterflies! — Live Butterfly House, Life Cycle & Craft Area, and Big Screen & Game Show Area! (See below for more detail about these three areas.)
This field trip meets NSTA National Science Education Standards (C.2.1) Life Science / Life Cycles. Teachers may request an in class assessment activity at the completion of the field trip.
Butterflies! covers these National Curriculum Standards, click here!
Classroom Butterfly Set
Each butterfly classroom set contains 33 caterpillars with supplies and instructions, so that each student can hatch their own butterfly!
- Classroom sets can be mailed or picked up at the event.
- You do not need to attend the event to order a kit.
- Cost: $57.95 (plus shipping/no shipping if picked up at event)
Hawaii patrons: a special classroom kit is available featuring native species. Call to inquire.
When booking your trip ask about Field Trip Plus!
For an additional $2.00 each, students can go home with their own caterpillar to raise. Some locations may be excluded. Sorry, we are not able to offer Field Trip Plus to our patrons in Hawaii.